Anyhow, everyone is making their new years resolutions or goals, and to be honest I've never been good at these. So I don't. But I do want to improve in many things. Whether or not you participate in creating resolutions for yourself or not, you can not deny that the beginning of the new year feels like a great time of reflections and the time to just refresh yourself.
So I thought I'd share the things that I'd like to work on. So here is my list:
1. Quiet time with God: I really want to be intentional and have my quiet time with God. I remember a few years ago when I only had 3 kids, my devotion time was every night. Now I feel so rushed and I want to have that time again with Him whether it's in the morning or at night. So I will be working on this.
2. Health: I 'd like to take better care of myself, I mean.. I only have one body and I should really take better care of it. So for me this means to be more active and to make healthy choices.
3. Journaling/Blog: I really, REALLY need to be make time here on the blog. This is a place where I want to share the stories of our family's adventures. I can not remember everything and there are so many kids I can't keep up on making a scrapbook for each of them. So I need to make more of an effort in this area and set time for this.
4. The Shop: I love creating and designing meaningful jewelry, I love hearing peoples stories about the piece that I've created for them and what that means to them. I have dreams for the shop and I really hope that I can get them going.
5. Be consistent: Sometimes I get so distracted and forget my goals or plans. Then I wonder what happened to such and such idea. Yeah, then I'm like oh yeah I remember trying to do that.
6. Simplify & Letting Go: In all areas of my life from house chores, to saying yes to things I just don't have time for. I always try to please everyone and this just adds to my already crazy busy life. I sometimes feel like I'm going in all directions, lose focus on what is really important and become just plain exhausted.
I hope you will come & tag a long on this journey with me.